Finally, the Government of India took a commendable reformation in the education system on 30th July 2020. It is the best start to resolve the pressure of studies from the existing education system.
Your children will no longer have to bear the stress of 10+2+3. As per the new plan, the school structure is 5+3+3+4.
What is the New Education Policy 2020 or NEP 2020?
The purpose of the New Education Policy 2020 is to prepare our children for global competition. Now, our education system can develop better human resources and equip them for a brighter future.
Apart from that, the aim of NEP 2020 educational reform is to define universalisation in the education system of India.
Key Points of New Education Policy 2020
- There will be no more board structure for 10+2.
- 5+3+3+4 defines 5 years of primary school, 3 years of mid-school, 3 years of high-school and then 4 years of graduation.
- For any degree, the graduation term period will be 4 years.
- There will be an introduction of vocational courses from 6th standard.
- Every graduation course will have a major and a minor subject.
- Government plans for standard teacher training programs at the national level, and there shall be no interference from the state authorities.
- There will be a single governing authority for higher education.
- AICTE and UGC will now be a single entity.
- You can now see multiple entries and exit levels for the graduate & undergraduate courses.
- The government announces standard rules for all universities irrespective of deemed, government, vocational or private.
Additional Rules For NEP 2020
- Apart from teachers, there will be an introduction to the teaching programs for parents too. The aim of such programs is defining a new way of education for children at home. Parental teaching programs will be focussing the age group of three years.
- Reduction in the syllabus restricted to core knowledge of the subject.
- They are introducing the semester system in school. Exams will be held twice a year with a precise division of syllabus.
- The education system of India will now emphasise on practical knowledge.
- The government decides the provision of certifications at each level of the graduation program. The students will get: 1) Basic certificate on completion of the first year 2) Diploma on the culmination of two years, and 3) Degree once you complete the full course.
- A single authority will govern the graduation course feed of all the universities, and they have all the rights for capping.
- Every student will receive credits to complete the particular duration of the course. It will help to resume the education after a break without any loss.
- All the colleges will have the same accreditation levels. Also, they can gain autonomous rights and duties based on their performance and ratings.
- The candidates must be ready for the entry-level test for enrolment in the graduation program.
The New Education Policy 2020 will soon be into implementation. We will be able to see the changes in the board structure from the academic session 2021. It will focus on testing the core competencies of the students.
Apart from that, the new entrance test for universities will be into action for the admissions of the academic session 2022.
The Focus of Reforming Education System: New Education Policy 2020
Primarily the Government of India is aiming to eradicate the difference in the education system at various levels.
After the implementation of NEP 2020, all the students, irrespective of their graduating subject, will be equivalent. It does not matter you are commerce, science, or arts graduate; you shall excel in your skills.
You can now have more flexibility and opportunities with subjects. The curriculum, including academic and non-academic sessions, will be the same for all UG students.
Social Pillars’s Say:
New Education Policy 2020 is one of the most exceptional reforms in the Indian education system. It will be helpful for the future of our country. Moreover, it will reduce the pressure of studies on the students to a great extent.
We at Social Pillars try to put all the possible efforts for improving the educational scenario of our country.
You and I can together make the progressive steps of the government into reality. So, let us adapt and accept the positive amendment.
Hey. Keep visiting our platform & stay tuned for regular updates on the current happenings.