As per the notification issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, from April 1, 2021, CSR Funding will be released only to the NGOs that are registered with MCA by filing Form CSR-1.
Note: Entities registered u/s 10(23C) of the Income Tax Act, are not eligible to get registered in Form CSR-1. They are advised to seek fresh registration U/s 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1962
NGOs that are eligible to file Form CSR-1 on MCA Portal for getting CSR Funding are as follows:
1. A company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, established by the company, either singly or along with any other company.
2. A company established under section 8 of the Act or a registered trust or a registered society, established by the Central Government or State Government.
3. Any entity established under an Act of Parliament or a State legislature.
4. A company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, and has an established track record of at least three years in undertaking similar activities.
• 12AB & 80G Registration Order Copy
• PAN Card of the NGO
• Email ID and Mobile Number
• DSC of chairperson & his PAN number
• Details of members of the organisation
• Registration Certificate in case of Section 8 Company
• Trust Deed in case of a registered Trust
• Memorandum in case of a registered Society
Form CSR-1 need to be digitally signed by following persons:
A. Any one of the Directors of Section 8 Company
B. Any one of trustees of Registered Trust
C. By Chairperson/Secretary in case of Registered Society
D. Authorized Signatory in case of an entity established under an Act of Parliament or State Legislature
E. A Practising Professional like Chartered Accountant in Practice or a Cost Accountant in Practice or Company Secretary in Practice
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) mandated entities undertaking Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to file eForm CSR-1 for all their CSR projects from 1 April 2021. The NGOs must register with the Central Government to undertake CSR activities funded by corporations and companies. This registration ensures effective monitoring of the CSR spending in the country.
A company can undertake a CSR activity on its own or through a company registered under Section 8, registered society, public trust or an NGO. All these entities or the company that intends to undertake a CSR activity should mandatorily register themselves with the Registrar of Companies by filing the Form CSR-1 electronically.
Form CSR-1 is a form for registering entities to get CSR funding from the corporates and undertake CSR activities. The contents to be filled in Form CSR-1 are:
• Nature of the entity.
• CIN number or registration number of the entity.
• Date of Incorporation, address and email ID of the entity.
• PAN of the entity.
• Details of directors, chairman, board of trustees, secretary, CEO or authorised representatives of the entity.
• DIN (Director Identification Number) and DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) of the signing director.
• Certification by a practising professional
• A unique CSR Registration Number will automatically be generated by the system upon submission of the form.
• Copy of PAN card of the entity.
• Copy of registration certificate of the entity.
• Copy of 12A and 80G exemption certificate, if applicable.
• NGO darpan ID, if applicable.
• DSC of the authorised person signing the form.
• PAN of the authorised person signing the form.
• Company CSR policy.
• Company CSR report.
• Details of the subsidiary and other entities.